Timor Leste Floods: Situation Report No. 5 (As of 15 April 2021)
- Following the Government’s declaration of a state of calamity in Dili on 8 April, several humanitarian donors have provided additional humanitarian funding to support the flood response, amounting to over USD 7.5 million.
- According to the latest official figures (14 April) from the Ministry of State Administration, which leads the Task Force for Civil Protection and Natural Disaster Management, a total of 25,709 households have reportedly been affected by the floods across all 13 municipalities. Of whom, 45% - or 11,558 households – are in Dili municipality.
- According to the same report, 4,546 houses across all municipalities have reportedly been destroyed or damaged.
- According to the latest figures from the Secretariat of State for Civil Protection, currently there are 8,852 temporary displaced persons in 29 evacuation facilities across Dili, the worst-affected municipality.
- To date, a total of 45 fatalities (including 10 who are still missing and presumed dead) have been recorded.