Timor Leste Floods: UN Resident Coordinator ’s Office Situation Report No. 7 (As of 28 April 2021
- Since the declaration of a state of calamity in Dili on 8 April, the Government continues to lead the response operation. On 23 April, the National Parliament approved the amendment of the 2021 General State Budget, with an increased allocation to the Contingency Fund from USD 23.8 million to USD 65.2 million
- In solidarity with the Government, the humanitarian partners have provided relief assistance worth nearly USD 10.5 million.
- The latest official figures (28 April) showed that a total of 31,337 households have been affected across all 13 municipalities. A total of 2,163 ha of the agricultural area has been reportedly affected by the flooding.
- According to the Secretariat of State for Civil Protection, 3,925 people remain temporary displaced in 25 evacuation facilities across Dili. Some may not be able to return to the areas where they were previously residing. • Health and WASH-related concerns were raised this week when two children died of suspected diarrhoea and acute respiratory infection (ARI) in the flood-affected community of Masilidun in Tasi Tolu on 27 and 28 April.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, on 28 April, the President renewed the State of Emergency for another 30 days.