Timor Leste Floods: UN Situation Report No. 9 (As of 21 May 2021)
- Latest official figures (19 May) showed that a total of 33,835 households have been affected by the floods across the country.
- Since the declaration of a state of calamity in Dili on 8 April, the Government continues to lead the flood response.
- To date, the Secretariat of State for Civil Protection has provided food and non-food items to 12,197 flood-affected households across all 13 municipalities.
- In solidarity with the Government, the humanitarian partners and donors have provided relief assistance worth over USD 10.73 million to date.
- According to the Secretariat of State for Civil Protection, 1,743 people remain temporarily displaced in 13 evacuation centers across Dili.
- For the affected communities to be able to transition to recovery, the residual humanitarian needs – particularly of those who continue to be temporarily displaced and other vulnerable groups – need to be addressed as a matter of priority. • To this end, the Government, with support from the UN and other humanitarian partners, is finalizing a Floods Response Plan/Joint Appeal, which is expected to be launched next week.