Timor Leste Floods: UN Situation Report No. 8 (As of 06 May 2021)
- Since the declaration of a state of calamity in Dili on 8 April, the Government continues to lead the flood response. On 4 May, the President promulgated the amendment of the 2021 General State Budget, with an increased allocation to the Contingency Fund from USD 23.8 million to USD 65.2 million.
- In solidarity with the Government, the humanitarian partners have provided relief assistance worth over USD 10.7 million to date.
- The latest official figures (4 May) showed that a total of 33,177 households have been affected across all 13 municipalities. A total of 2,163 ha of the agricultural area has been reportedly affected by the flooding.
- According to the Secretariat of State for Civil Protection, 3,125 people remain temporary displaced in 17 evacuation centres across Dili.
- The preliminary findings of the Multi-Sectoral Rapid Need Assessment and the Household Damage and Needs Assessment suggest that more than 550 residential houses have been completely destroyed, about 900 badly damaged, and another 1,900 sustained minor damages in Dili municipality.